Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Clipboard is a Sydney-based Aussie startup that is helping schools, students and parents get much more out of their extracurricular activities. We’re looking for a mid-level full stack web developer to play a key role in taking the Clipboard product, as well as their career, to the next level.
At Clipboard, our vision is that every student worldwide should have access to the life lessons and opportunities that great extracurricular activities provide.
We provide software to schools that enables them to run great extracurricular programs, and helps students and parents get more out of activities - from sport, to music, performing arts, outdoor education and more.
Clipboard is pioneering a brand new category in EdTech - the Extracurricular Management System (EMS) - like a Learning Management System (LMS), but for the stuff that happens beyond the classroom. Our product is used by 1000s of staff and students at schools all across Australia.
We’ve recently closed a seed round led by Jelix Ventures and graduated from Australia’s leading startup accelerator program, Startmate. Now we’re looking at how we can scale the app, expand beyond Australia into global markets, and grow from 50,000+ staff and students to 500,000+!
The Clipboard product is a progressive web app, built with technologies like Angular, Node.js and Postgres. We’re a product and customer-first company and are super passionate about building awesome experiences that people love.
You are a talented full stack web developer who shares our passion for building products people love. You are excited by building software that helps schools and students have great extracurricular experiences.
You are someone who is not afraid to take initiative, take ownership of projects and features, collaborate with others, and even mentor peers. You enjoy collaborating with both internal and external product stakeholders to arrive at great solutions to problems. You empathise with the fact that all software is eventually used by an actual person at the end of the day, who appreciates a simple and intuitive solution to their problems.
If you’re this person then we want to hear from you!
Your Skills and Experience
You have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of genuine full stack experience with customer-facing web applications
- Experience across the full SDLC
- Experience working in, and helping to create, a strong engineering culture
- Deep experience with:
- Angular (or equivalent)
- AWS or Google Cloud, including architecting web applications
- DevOps processes and technologies
- RESTful APIs
- Testing processes and frameworks
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals (incl. performance, data structures, design patterns, networking)
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- [Bonus] Containerisation and Docker
About the Role
You will help us build out core functionality to fundamentally improve the scalability of the Clipboard EMS. Your day-to-day will involve:
- Collaborating with product manager, designer, engineers and founders to build an awesome web application
- Writing code that is clean, highly maintainable and well-tested
- Performing code reviews with other engineers
- Operate as a team player, as well as coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Contribute to and sometimes help run solution architecture sessions
- Make suggestions on how to improve the codebase and architecture
- Help and sometimes orchestrate the response when production issues arise
Here are some reasons why you should join our team:
- Clipboard is building exciting technology in a growing category within EdTech - the EMS
- There’s plenty of room to grow in your career at Clipboard
- Our share options program, so you can own part of the (awesome) company you work at
- Flexibility, even outside of COVID times - we’re flexible about working a couple of days a week remotely, and we don’t want to lock you into the typical 9 - 5 business hours if you’re more productive working different hours
- Fun team-building experiences - we’ve gone trampolining, escaped from escape rooms, have regular team drinks, and during COVID we’ve been hosting online team activities (like Pictionary and Family Feud) regularly
Clipboard supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To apply, email your CV and anything else you’d like to share to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Clipboard employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Clipboard Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.