Sales Development Representative
Clipboard shapes the way schools are able to deliver great extracurricular programs, enriching the student experience in sports and activities.
We are pioneering a critical new category in education technology - the EMS (Extracurricular Management System). An EMS is a purpose-built platform designed to help schools manage the administration of their extracurricular activities. It is a one-stop-shop for extracurricular data and processes, allowing schools to save huge amounts of time and money, uphold their duty of care, and enhance communication to staff, students and parents.
Clipboard is a fast-growing venture-backed startup which is a part of the Startmate Sydney 2020 cohort, Australia’s leading startup accelerator program. The Clipboard platform is currently relied upon by over 35 leading schools and extracurricular providers across APAC. We are growing the team to help Clipboard scale globally in 2020 and establish the EMS as an integral part of the EdTech landscape.
About the role
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you’ll be working in Clipboard’s growth team, helping us to connect with as many leads as possible and determining if they’re good customer fits. Core responsibilities include:
- Generating new leads through outbound prospecting while actively managing your sales pipeline of inbound leads
- Actively build and drive a pipeline of qualified leads and seamlessly transition them to Account Executives
- Working with Clipboard’s leadership to design and run campaigns to generate new sales prospects
- Run discovery calls and collect critical information
- Answer questions about platform features
- Achieve monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- At least 1 year of prior outbound sales experience, preferably in SaaS
- Knowledge of the education sector preferred
- An outstanding communicator, both written (especially email) and verbal, with the ability to relate to others
- Ability to efficiently react to a significant number of emails, chats & phone calls per day
- Willingness to work closely with others as part of a collaborative team
- You are highly organised, self-motivated, and have a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Passion for extracurricular activities and the life lessons they teach young people
- Be a core member of a fast-growing startup
- Opportunity to learn and benefit from world-class mentorship through the Startmate accelerator
- Flexible working environment
- Be part of a passionate and energetic team
- Ownership in the company through stock options
Clipboard supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Clipboard employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Clipboard Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.