Sales Development Representative
Clipboard is an Aussie startup that is helping schools, students and parents get much more out of their extracurricular activities. We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to supercharge our growth 🚀
At Clipboard, our vision is that every student worldwide should have access to the life lessons and opportunities that great extracurricular activities provide.
We provide software to schools that enables them to run great extracurricular programs, and helps students and parents get more out of activities - from sport, to music, performing arts, outdoor education and more.
Clipboard is pioneering a brand new category in EdTech - the Extracurricular Management System (EMS) - like a Learning Management System (LMS), but for the stuff that happens beyond the classroom. Clipboard grew more than 3x in 2021, our product is used by close to 100 leading schools across APAC and 60,000 students and parents use the platform every month.
We’re backed by top VC firms such as Jelix Ventures and have graduated from Startmate, the top accelerator program in Australia and New Zealand. Now we’re scaling the app and our sales team, and growing into a global leader in the EdTech industry.
You are a hard working individual with prior sales experience who shares our passion for extracurricular activities and wants to make a positive impact on the future of education. A self-motivated and driven individual, you are a skilled communicator and enjoy helping people learn about beneficial new solutions. You want to develop a career in sales and learn from a talented and supportive team.
If you’re this person then we want to hear from you!
Your Skills and Experience
You have the following skills and experience:
- You communicate in a clear, persuasive, and compelling manner over the phone
- You are coachable and take every opportunity to learn - both from others and from available resources
- A driven, enthusiastic and hard-working nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience working in sales
- Knowledge of the education space, particularly K-12.
- Passion for extracurricular activities and the life lessons they teach young people.
About the role
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you’ll be working in Clipboard’s sales team, helping us to acquire schools with a focus on the following core responsibilities:
- Outbound calls, emails and messages to prospects in Australia and Asia
- Develop strategic outbound campaigns and targeted approaches to ideal customers in our core markets
- Share information about Clipboard and determine the prospect's needs and biggest challenges
- Qualify prospects and forward good potential leads to the Sales Account Executives to pursue
- Schedule appointments between prospects and Account Executives
- Record prospect information in CRM database
Here are some reasons why you should join our team:
- We’re building an exciting technology company that’s pioneering a growing category within EdTech - the EMS
- Develop sales experience and skills to develop your career, with room to grow at Clipboard
- Flexibility - we’re flexible about working remotely
- Fun team-building experiences - we’ve gone trampolining, escaped from escape rooms, have regular team drinks, and host online team activities (like Pictionary and Family Feud) regularly
Clipboard supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Clipboard employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Clipboard Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.