Clipboard is a fast-growing Aussie startup that is helping schools, students and parents get much more out of their extracurricular activities. We’re looking for a Product Designer to play a core part in taking the Clipboard product to the next level. 🚀
At Clipboard, our vision is that every student worldwide should have access to the life lessons and opportunities that great extracurricular activities provide.
We're pioneering a brand new category in EdTech - the Extracurricular Management System (EMS) - like a Learning Management System, but for the important stuff that happens beyond the classroom (sport, music, performing arts, code clubs, etc).
Our product is used by 100s of 1000s of staff and students at schools all across Australia. We’re on track for 3x growth this year and are gaining a lot of momentum in building a fantastic product.
You’re a problem solver who is passionate about coming up with simple and elegant design solutions to challenging problems. You want to make a genuinely big impact at the company you work at and on the product you are designing.
You are excited by working in a fast-paced environment to build software that helps schools and students have great extracurricular experiences. You enjoy collaborating with both internal and external product stakeholders to arrive at great UI/UX solutions. You are somewhat of a "full stack" designer.
If you’re this person then we want to hear from you!
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in UI/UX design
- Experience with the end-to-end design lifecycle, from understanding the problem, to concept, to prototype, to user testing and production
- Ability to explain more complicated concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working closely with engineers to deliver solutions
- High proficiency with Figma or equivalent tools
- Eye for detail and a first principles thinking mentality
- Experience with user research
About the Role
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Work closely with users, the product team, customer success and others to understand customer needs and problems
- Create user stories, user flows and UI designs to solve these problems
- Test solutions with customers, iterating quickly towards the designs we can - and should - build
- Communicate the “why” behind your decisions, leading discussions on your process, explorations and conclusions
- Collaborate with engineers to ship customer-ready solutions
Competitive remuneration - salary and equity options.
Here are some reasons why you should join our team:
- Clipboard is a product-led company - product is at the centre of everything we do
- We’re building an exciting technology in a growing category within EdTech - the EMS
- You have the opportunity to make a genuinely big impact on the product and technology
- There’s plenty of room to grow in your career at Clipboard, it’s important to have career progression
- Our share options program, so you can own part of the (awesome) company you work at
- Flexibility - we’re flexible about working a few days a week remotely, and we don’t want to lock you into the typical 9 - 5 business hours if you’re more productive working different hours
- Fun team-building experiences - we’ve gone trampolining, escaped from escape rooms, have regular team drinks, and host online team activities (like Pictionary and Family Feud) regularly
Clipboard supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. If you don’t quite tick all the boxes above, we still encourage you to apply.
To apply, email your CV, portfolio and anything else you'd like to share to email@example.com.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Clipboard employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Clipboard Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.