Customer Support Specialist
Clipboard helps schools, students and parents get more out of their extracurricular activities. We’re looking for an experienced Customer Support Specialist to play a key role in supporting Clipboard’s customers.
At Clipboard, our vision is that every student should have access to the life lessons and opportunities that great extracurricular activities provide.
We provide software to schools that enables them to run great extracurricular programs, and helps students and parents get more out of activities - from sport, to music, performing arts, outdoor education and more.
Clipboard is pioneering a brand new category in EdTech - the Extracurricular Management System (EMS) - like a Learning Management System (LMS), but for the stuff that happens beyond the classroom. Our product is used by thousands of staff and students at schools all across Australia.
We’ve recently closed a seed round led by Jelix Ventures and graduated from Australia’s leading startup accelerator program, Startmate. Now we’re looking at how we can scale the app, expand beyond Australia into global markets, and grow from 50,000+ staff and students to 500,000+!
As a customer-first company, we’re super passionate about providing an awesome experience that people love, and our customer support team is core to that.
You are an experienced Customer Support Specialist who shares our passion for creating great customer experiences. An intuitive problem solver, you’re comfortable switching gears quickly and passionate about helping people. You enjoy collaborating with both internal and external product stakeholders to arrive at clever solutions to problems. You empathise with others and take pride in delivering great support.
If you’re this person then we want to hear from you!
Your Skills and Experience
You have the following skills and experience:
- At least 1 year of experience working with customers, ideally in technology
- Familiarity with chat (e.g. Intercom), CRM (e.g. Pipedrive) and Atlassian Jira platforms
- You can translate technical ideas for non-technical audiences
- Ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Demonstrable critical thinking, verbal and written communication, and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, positive attitude, ability to continuously develop and adapt to a growing team
- Highly organised. You can manage and prioritize several different projects.
- [Bonus] Experience working customer support for B2B SaaS
- [Bonus] Experience working with schools in some capacity
About the Role
You will help us support our customers and ensure they have a great experience using Clipboard. Your day-to-day will involve:
- Become a Clipboard expert user - before you can support others, you need to know the product yourself
- Respond to Intercom online chats to help Clipboard customers with their issues
- Participate in writing excellent help documentation - both for internal use and for our customers
- Log tickets with the development team and escalate appropriately based on the impact of the issue
The remuneration for this role is $45-55k (excl. super)
Here are some reasons why you should join our team:
- Clipboard is building exciting technology in a growing category within EdTech - the EMS
- There’s plenty of room to grow in your career at Clipboard
- Flexibility, even outside of COVID times - we’re flexible about working a couple of days a week remotely
- Fun team-building experiences - we’ve gone trampolining, escaped from escape rooms, have regular team drinks, and during COVID we’ve been hosting online team activities (like Pictionary and Family Feud) regularly
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Clipboard to email@example.com.
Clipboard supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Clipboard employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Clipboard Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.