Customer Support Specialist
Clipboard is a fast-growing Sydney-based startup that is pioneering a new category in EdTech, an extracurricular management system that supports schools to deliver great extracurricular programs. Our vision is that every student worldwide should have access to the life lessons and opportunities that great extracurricular activities provide, and to do this schools need a purpose-built system to manage these activities effectively.
Despite lockdowns, we’ve achieved x3 growth last year and are looking to do the same this year.🚀
We’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist to play a key role in supporting Clipboard’s customers.
Extracurricular activities are a vital part of the student experience, fostering lifelong skills and providing added value beyond the curriculum. Yet in Australia, there wasn’t a system for schools that supported the management of these programs.
Clipboard was created as an Extracurricular Management System (EMS), a purpose-built platform designed to help schools manage the administration of their extracurricular activities. It has become a one-stop-shop for leading schools across Australia to manage their extracurricular data and processes. Clipboard allows schools to uphold their duty of care, save hours on admin, support parent and student communication and gives schools access to reporting and analytics that they would otherwise be unable to utilise.
We’re currently working with over 70 leading schools across Australia, supporting them with the delivery of their extracurricular programs. We’re a product and customer-first company and are super passionate about creating seamless, user-friendly awesome experiences that staff, students and parents love.
About the Role
As more and more schools join the Clipboard community, we need to scalably grow and support these relationships. Your day-to-day will vary, but could involve:
- Become a Clipboard expert user - before you can support others, you need to know the product yourself
- Respond to online chats and emails to help Clipboard customers with their issues
- Participate in writing excellent help documentation - both for internal use and for our customers
- Log tickets with the development team and escalate appropriately based on the impact of the issue
You are an experienced Customer Support Specialist who shares our passion for creating great customer experiences.
An intuitive problem solver, you’re comfortable switching gears quickly and passionate about helping people. You enjoy collaborating with both internal and external product stakeholders to arrive at clever solutions to problems.
You empathise with others and take pride in delivering great support. You're excited to contribute to the growth of an emerging company.
You have the following skills and experience:
- At least 1 year of experience working with customers, ideally in technology
- Familiarity with chat (e.g. Intercom, Help Scout), CRM (e.g. Pipedrive) and Atlassian Jira platforms
- You can translate technical ideas for non-technical audiences
- Ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Demonstrable critical thinking, verbal and written communication, and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, positive attitude, ability to continuously develop and adapt to a growing team
- Highly organised. You can manage and prioritize several different projects.
- [Bonus] Experience working customer support for B2B SaaS
- [Bonus] Experience working with schools in some capacity
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Here are some reasons why you should join our team:
- Clipboard is building exciting technology and leading the EMS category within EdTech
- The opportunity to join the early stages of a fast-growing startup that’s expecting to raise another round of funding early 2022
- The opportunity to contribute and make a big impact on the product and technology
- We value our people and their development and will support opportunities for growth so you can further your career at Clipboard
- We’re flexible about working a couple of days a week remotely
- True to our belief that extracurricular activities are beneficial to students, we also make sure we offer extra activities and experience beyond the office! We’ve gone trampolining, escaped from escape rooms, and had internal table tennis tournaments, as well as regular team drinks and social events.
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Clipboard to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clipboard supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Clipboard employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Clipboard Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.